Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Over-Looked Artist

With their first album released in 2006, Hyperstatic Union has not gotten the attention they were hoping for. With a "Contemporary Christian" label slapped on them, many musician simply over-looked the band. But I plee with you to take a second and research their lead singer, Shawn Lewis.

I was first introduced to Shawn Lewis through a friend of a friend in the dorms of my freshman year in college. His debut solo album was like nothing I had heard. There were catchy, upbeat, eclectic songs. Then, there were songs that reminded me of a hymn in a traditional church service.

I was surfing YouTube the other day, and stumbled upon some of his music, after not hearing anything from him for a couple years. And this is what I found. This video shows the diversity and talent of Shawn Lewis. Hope you enjoy.



If you want to check out a rendition of "Billy Jean" by Shawn Lewis, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment