Monday, April 13, 2009

Write. Discuss. Implement.



Leaders:
If you don’t do this already, I want to challenge you to start a simple habit.

Write everything down.

It’s the skeleton key to creativity, productivity, and ingenuity.

Record every creative impulse. Every possible vision initiative. Every good idea. Every bad idea. Every “I need to check into that” situation.

Record it any way you can. I keep most of my thoughts in a Moleskine. But if I have to, I will jot blog ideas on napkins. I’ve called my own voicemail to capture a song melody. I keep notebooks all over my house, in my car, on my bike…just in case inspiration strikes.

Type it. Blog it. Twitter it. Scribble it. But whatever you do, capture it!

It doesn’t have to be pretty. Just get it done.

Millions of lucrative business ideas and helpful inventions never saw the light of day because somebody didn’t write them down.

Now, after you’ve written them down, organizing and implementing your ideas is a much more complicated process. And the way you do that will depend on your personality and circumstances.

But recording your thoughts is to vision what a blueprint is to a building.

Why would God give you more vision and concept if you’re not being a careful steward of what He’s already given you?

No comments:

Post a Comment