Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Love like a Hurricane

“How he loves us so.” I was singing How He Loves Us in the car last night, and I don’t think ill ever get over the words to that song. A line struck me last night that added to the weight on my heart. “Loves like a hurricane…” I must bank on and fall back on knowing the Father’s love MORE. Easier said then done so many times. It’s like a hurricane, so the song says…

A hurricane is powerful. A hurricane is specific in development and nature, it has purpose. A hurricane is ordered chaos in so many ways. A hurricane leaves an undeniable trail or mark of it’s presence. A hurricane changes whatever it touches permanently. A hurricane doesn’t make sense to those it’s affected, it’s hard to grasp.

So often when situations in our lives require great faith, it might feel like a hurricane…It’s painful, it’s powerful, hard to understand, never leaves us the same. Lord, might you increase my faith as I know you more. Will you wreck the hearts in Springfield like a hurricane, leaving them desiring nothing but you? Yes. Might I find joy in being a part of your hurricane. Bringing love.

Do you see Him as a hurricane? He wants to “wreck” you. He wants your path to be specific and full of purpose. He wants those around you to be caught up in it even though at times, it might not make sense. It is good. He’s not SAFE, but He’s GOOD.

1 comment:

  1. kudos for the Narnia quote at the end :D

    ReplyDelete