Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Ten Commandments Re-written

I was doing some catch up reading and saw this over on Ypulse and it caught my eye.

I instantly wondered how our American Youth would answer on this exercise done by YOUTHTOPIA.

Ypulse wrote:

Below, with their permission, I share one interesting exercise that asked 100 European youths to “challenge, criticise and collectively re-write ‘The 10 Commandments’” as a way of illustrating generational shifts in values. The results paint more than a flattering self-portrait of this generation as an aspirational model for society — one that tellingly promotes accountability, positivity and passion above all else. Here’s what I mean ….

The Ten Commandments of Youth

1. Have faith in yourself.

2. Respect your parents.

3. Be honest.

4. Take responsibility for your own life.

5. Live life to the fullest and be passionate.

6. Keep your promises.

7. Work hard to succeed but not to the detriment of others.

8. Be tolerant of others’ differences.

9. Be happy and optimistic, even in adversity.

10. Create, don’t destroy.


1 comment:

  1. Not to creep on your blog or anything, but I like these commandments. I think God can jive with these. I like that it doesn't seem to reflect the moral relativism that so many older Christians seem to think is ruining the younger generations.

    ReplyDelete