Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Authenticity

A question has been weighing on me lately...
-- Who is the real Tim? --

I am kind of frightened at my inability to answer it.

When no one is looking, who am I? The question scares me a bit. I can be a master of many roles... and each role is determined by my surroundings. I wear masks that change as the scenes around me change. But doesn't that mean there is a core, a real person that is me who is able to don the variety of masks? Wouldn't that make sense?

I hope so.

But if there is, we haven't spent much time together lately. And it is my goal to start spending time with the real me...

Are you afraid to be yourself?

Do you even know who that is?

Luke 12:7 Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.

No comments:

Post a Comment