Monday, June 7, 2010

Dear Chacos

To my Chacos,


I have left you outside in the rain, sticky with mud, but you did not complain.

I have tromped through sticker weeds, but you protected me.

I have carelessly jumped from boulder to boulder, never once thinking you would cancel your loyalty to me and my safety.

I have walked miles upon miles in you, and you never quit on me.


You are my Chacos, and I love you.


I have worn you to church, smart and sophisticated with khaki pants.

I have worn you camping, dusty with campground dirt and burning embers.

I have worn you hiking, pushing you to your absolute performance limits.

I have never worn you with socks, believing you to have all the style you need in your own design.

You have never failed me.


I bought you 2 years ago. At the time, I didn't know of the beginning of a true, committed relationship.


You have never been re-soled. You have never frayed. You are as pure as the day I brought you home.


From the bottom of my heart,

Thank You.

No comments:

Post a Comment